Fillers and Botox injections are cosmetic treatments given through injections, usually by a licensed practitioner. Oftentimes, people are not sure of which they need.
Here’s a breakdown of the differences between fillers and botox injections.
|Botox Injections||Cosmetic Fillers|
|A group of medication that use various forms of botulinum toxin to temporarily relax certain muscles||These are substances injected underneath the skin to make the skin appear fuller.|
|Can be used to: |
– reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles (lines caused by smiling, frowning, squinting and other facial expressions).
– treat migraine headaches,
– treat excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis).
|Can be used:|
– to fill smile lines
– to plump lips
– for non-surgical nose jobs
– to plump areas of the face that have lost volume, e.g cheeks, under eyes, etc
|Effects begin within a few days and reach their peak by the 14th-day post-injection.||Filling effects are seen immediately and peak by the 14th-day post-injection.|
|Results from a single treatment usually last 3 to 6 months, the effects gradually wanes.||Results from a single treatment usually last 8 to 18 months depending on the type.|
Despite the differences between botox injections and cosmetic fillers, they may also be used at the same time as complementary treatments to achieve desired results. At Skin101 Abuja, we offer both cosmetic fillers and botox injections. We are only a call or a short visit away!